02 Show Schedule Timings

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

02 Show Schedule Timings

Postby gogarrio » 23 Sep 2009, 18:03

Just got the following note from Ticketmaster today. Boy, do I love specifics and the word "prompt". If only all shows had such punctuality. Heck, in my youth, I remember waiting 90 minutes, even 2 hours between acts. Led Zeppelin were the worst offenders. Ah, that was then, this is now...

Dear Ticketmaster customer,

This is a courtesy email from Ticketmaster regarding the Cliff Richard events taking place at The O2, London, on 25, 26 and 28 September 2009.

There will be no support artist for this event, Cliff Richard and the Shadows will be on stage at 19:30 prompt.

The runtime for the event is as follows:

Doors - 18:30
Cliff Richard & The Shadows - 19:30
Interval - 20:30
Cliff Richard & The Shadows - 21:00
Finish - 22:30
gogarrio

Re: 02 Show Schedule Timings

Postby JimN » 23 Sep 2009, 18:27

Hmmm...

On checking the ticketmaster.co.uk website just now, I find that (at long, long, last) "Your [ie, my] tickets have been dispatched".

I paid for those tickets for the Liverpool Echo Arena - in full, £273+ for the four - in October 2008.

Quite why they couldn't have been despatched much earlier is something of a mystery. The O2 tickets we have were sent out months ago.

JimN
JimN

Postby John Boyd » 23 Sep 2009, 20:48

Jim,
I had an e-ticket in my hand within a minute of booking on line for the March 1, 2010 show in Christchurch, NZ.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Postby mugwumpsthecat » 24 Sep 2009, 15:53

Hi everyone,

My first post on this new site - thanks to all who have enabled it!! :)

I'll be there tomorrow at the O2 - promptly, of course! I do have a spare ticket available, as someone travelling from the US cannot get to UK on time. Good news is that I can offer it at the price I paid - bad news is, you'll have to sit with me! ;)
Please contact me if you are interested - in the ticket that is!!!! :oops:

As some of you know, and I am grateful for your support and understanding, I have had a traumatic year as my father has been very sick. I had to consent to him having both his legs amputated earlier this year to give him a better chance of survival. Even after the amputation he only had a 10% chance of pulling through - and God willing, he has made a remarkable recovery. He will never be able to have prosthetic limbs, so is in a wheelchair forever and has made himself involuntarily homeless, so will be moved into a specially adapted flat in early November. He is currently in rehab.

I'll see all, or most, of you on my travels, I hope, as I am going to the O2 tomorrow and the the NIA on 3 & 4 October and the final two UK shows at Wembley. Not many for me, as most of you know, I usually do loads and often go into Europe, too. I am sad about this being the end - and that the last concerts are away from the UK - but I must remember not to cry because it is over - but to laugh because it all happened! I, again like many of you, have had lots of life enhancing experiences following The Shadows, and in general am extremely grateful for that.

Finally, if The Shadows themselves are reading this, thank you for the fun, laughs, meals, drinks, but mostly - thank you for the music guys! :) Hope you enjoy your farewell and can have a happy retirement - by next Spring, you'll have earned it ;) :!: :!:

Lots of love, Kaye xxx (aka Mugwumpsthecat).
mugwumpsthecat

Postby LONGPLAYER09 » 24 Sep 2009, 22:52

Less than a day to go now, getting excited!
LONGPLAYER09

Return to The Main Board