Kevin Peek

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Kevin Peek

Postby drakula63 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Kevin Peek in 1978 - with Roland guitar synth.
Attachments
kpjunc.jpg
kpjunc.jpg (24.28 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby cockroach » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 am

Kevin also played on Hank's Guitar syndicate album around that time of the synth guitar (late '70's)
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby donna plasky » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 pm

If anyone would like to see it, here is a full length concert by Sky from 1980, which I am watching now as I post this. The second or third song they play is "Cavatina" and it's beautiful.

Kind regards,
Donna

donna plasky

Full Real Name: Donna Plasky

Postby drakula63 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Donna,

Brilliant stuff. However, the concert was actually from the spring of 1979 and was apparently their very first live performance together. It was recorded for the Musik Laaden TV show in Germany. What is VERY interesting is that they, sky, secured the rights to audio-mix it themselves AND re-record any bits that they didn't like. It would seem that, here and there, they did just that...
drakula63

Postby George Geddes » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 pm

And that show was released on DVD in 2005 by a company called Quantum Leap.

There's also a later DVD of the post-Williams lineup available, but surpringly (perhaps?) no DVD of the Westminster Abbey concert released on VHS by the BBC at the time.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby hoffers » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 am

It took me years to realise what Bruce was referring to on the 'Shadows Live at Abbey Road' recording of 1982 when he said "close that door, we don't want Sky picking any tips up". Sky also recorded at Abbey Road and were probably there at that time.

Check out the Sky DVDs, they are superb.
Westminster Abbey should be on DVD. My mate had the foresight to tape it on VHS and has produced a home-made DVD of the concert. I watch it often. They were a great band and it's so sad that both Steve Gray and Kevin Peek have passed away.

Hoffs
hoffers

Postby drakula63 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:05 pm

I recorded the Westminster Abbey gig on video, Betamax, when it was repeated in its full-length form at Christmas 1981. The video still looks good - Beta always being better than VHS! The gig was released on video AND laser disc. The laser disc, also in stereo, looks and sounds AMAZING!!!!

I played the sky albums at the weekend and noticed that sky 2 was recorded in studio 3, Abbey Road. Sky were probably in there in 1982 recording the demo version of Sky Five Live.
drakula63

Postby drakula63 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Worth noting that there is a clip somewhere of sky playing Toccata at the above mentioned Musik Laaden gig/performance and not included in the finished programme. The sound is TOTALLY DIFFERENT to the sound as heard on the finished and edited/broadcast programme.
drakula63

Previous

Return to The Shadows