Backing Tracks & Tabs

Information about availability of backing tracks

Backing Tracks & Tabs

Postby Jack959 » 17 Feb 2019, 10:42

Quite a number of good BT's and tabs here:

http://dizax.uk

Not all of them are Shadows tracks, but that's okay with me.

Jack959
Jack959

Re: Backing Tracks & Tabs

Postby scouserjoe2 » 17 Feb 2019, 12:15

Hi,

Some of these backing tracks sound remarkably similar to those from the UBHank series !!

Ian
scouserjoe2

Postby Behanka1 » 18 Feb 2019, 00:14

Yes Ian, you are absolutely right. Not all of the backing tracks have been lifted from UB Hank (although most of the count ins have a familiar sound to them) but several have. I have sent Dizax UK the following email:

Dear Sir,

I refer to Dizax Shadows backing tracks which you claim were made by you. Having listened to ‘Wonderful Land’ and ‘Round and Round’ and ’The Stranger' I can say with absolute certainty that they were made by Trevor Spencer and myself as part of the UB Hank series.

You have no right to distribute our work as your own.

Please remove any stolen UB Hank tracks from your site immediately.

Gary Taylor.
Behanka1

Postby scouserjoe2 » 18 Feb 2019, 14:51

Gary,

I whole-heartedly support your approach to this issue and the action you have taken. Breach of copyright and claiming other people's work as your own is quite simply theft; this is something I have encountered many times with my own work as a photographer and it is most annoying. The UBHank series of backing tracks are superb and excellent value for money; people who want to make use of them should simply put their hands into their pockets and buy them and support and encourage the people such as yourself involved in their production.

Cheers,

Ian
scouserjoe2

Postby bob t » 18 Feb 2019, 23:59

Sounds like some of Roger Paulsson's Bt's too
bob t

Postby Stu's Dad » 19 Feb 2019, 23:04

There's an interesting comment appeared on his homepage now. I don't think Gary will be too impressed.

Len
Stu's Dad

Postby Behanka1 » 20 Feb 2019, 00:39

The Dizax website is run by someone called Bob Macleod.

When I discovered that he had been unlawfully distributing some of my UB Hank tracks I contacted him as shown earlier in these posts. His reply was as follows:

"First I should correct your accusation that I claim to have made the backing tracks on my website. I have not made any such claim.

All the BT's on my website were downloaded from various internet sources, none of which were indicated to be other than public domain.

I can hardly be held responsible for the piracy of others, so I resent your use of the word 'Stolen' in the header of this email.

I 'stole' nothing!

Nor did I represent backing tracks as ' my own'.

I will expect an apology for both of those lies.

I will of course replace the offending tracks, although in fact I have no proof of *your* claim to ownership."

I replied: "Hi Bob,

Thank you for your swift reply.

The first thing I saw when visiting your website was “SOME OF MY OWN RECORDINGS. THE BACKING TRACKS AND TABS FOR MOST OF THESE AND OTHERS CAN BE FOUND ON THE BT/TAB PAGE”

It is reasonable for the reader to assume that the lead and backing tracks are indeed yours. Some of them may be, I don’t know.

It is true that you are not responsible for the piracy of others, however, stolen goods don’t become un-stolen simply because you didn’t know they were stolen in the first place.

UB Hank backing tracks are not in the public domain. If you have ever made any backing tracks you would be aware of the amount of work and care that goes into producing them. It is frustrating beyond belief to have one’s work distributed without rightful payment.

As for my proof of ownership, my name is Gary Taylor, I live in Perth Western Australia and for the last 25 years or so have been Hank Marvin’s rhythm guitarist. Check out Hank Marvin Gypsy Jazz on YouTube.

Trevor Spencer and I started making the UB Hank series in the mid 90’s. If you can be bothered to check, that is also verifiable.

Just as a reminder, the stolen tracks you have been distributing are Wonderful Land, Round and Round, The Stranger and Atlantis.

On a musical note, whoever ‘glued’ the count ins onto your backing tracks is truly clueless. Count ins are supposed to represent the tempo of the tune. A ‘one size fits all’ approach simply doesn’t work."

So far, no reply.

I note that Mr Macleod has removed the UB HANK tracks from his website although, judging from his immature reference to me on his home page, seems to be suffering from a fit of pique.

I would encourage him to be a little more diligent in awareness of copyrighted material and perhaps engage in some research regarding the role of a count in.

GT
Behanka1

Postby bazmusicman » 20 Feb 2019, 14:18

Behanka1 wrote:The Dizax website is run by someone called Bob Macleod.

When I discovered that he had been unlawfully distributing some of my UB Hank tracks I contacted him as shown earlier in these posts. His reply was as follows:

"First I should correct your accusation that I claim to have made the backing tracks on my website. I have not made any such claim.

All the BT's on my website were downloaded from various internet sources, none of which were indicated to be other than public domain.

I can hardly be held responsible for the piracy of others, so I resent your use of the word 'Stolen' in the header of this email.

I 'stole' nothing!

Nor did I represent backing tracks as ' my own'.

I will expect an apology for both of those lies.

I will of course replace the offending tracks, although in fact I have no proof of *your* claim to ownership."

I replied: "Hi Bob,

Thank you for your swift reply.

The first thing I saw when visiting your website was “SOME OF MY OWN RECORDINGS. THE BACKING TRACKS AND TABS FOR MOST OF THESE AND OTHERS CAN BE FOUND ON THE BT/TAB PAGE”

It is reasonable for the reader to assume that the lead and backing tracks are indeed yours. Some of them may be, I don’t know.

It is true that you are not responsible for the piracy of others, however, stolen goods don’t become un-stolen simply because you didn’t know they were stolen in the first place.

UB Hank backing tracks are not in the public domain. If you have ever made any backing tracks you would be aware of the amount of work and care that goes into producing them. It is frustrating beyond belief to have one’s work distributed without rightful payment.

As for my proof of ownership, my name is Gary Taylor, I live in Perth Western Australia and for the last 25 years or so have been Hank Marvin’s rhythm guitarist. Check out Hank Marvin Gypsy Jazz on YouTube.

Trevor Spencer and I started making the UB Hank series in the mid 90’s. If you can be bothered to check, that is also verifiable.

Just as a reminder, the stolen tracks you have been distributing are Wonderful Land, Round and Round, The Stranger and Atlantis.

On a musical note, whoever ‘glued’ the count ins onto your backing tracks is truly clueless. Count ins are supposed to represent the tempo of the tune. A ‘one size fits all’ approach simply doesn’t work."

So far, no reply.

I note that Mr Macleod has removed the UB HANK tracks from his website although, judging from his immature reference to me on his home page, seems to be suffering from a fit of pique.

I would encourage him to be a little more diligent in awareness of copyrighted material and perhaps engage in some research regarding the role of a count in.

GT

Well said Gary. This Bob must be the only person in 'Shadowland' that hasn't heard of you and your backing tracks.
bazmusicman

Postby Olsson » 21 Feb 2019, 08:27

You are right Robert, some of them are made by Roger Paulsson.
/Bertil
Olsson

Postby Behanka1 » 21 Feb 2019, 15:29

I have great respect for Roger Paulsson. He is a fine player and his backing tracks are superb. If this site - Dizax - is giving Roger's backing tracks away without permission, I don't think he would be any more pleased than I was. Perhaps someone might tell him about the situation.
I have the feeling that Bob Macleod, rather than being a hard core pirate, is just stubbornly naive about the protocols of copyright. He needs to be educated.
GT
Behanka1

Next

Return to Backing Tracks