Free Backing tracks for Shadow Music

Information about availability of backing tracks

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Free Backing tracks for Shadow Music

Postby JohanDeGreyze » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi,

Some people like playing and recording with original backing tracks especially Shadows. The technique allows us nowadays to remove some instruments and voices and that also applies to Hank Marvin's lead. The quality may differ, some are pretty good, others may only have reduced lead, but are still useful for home use.

Up to now I have created > 90 BT files, mostly of the Shadows and offer them for free download in a Facebook group called "Shadow Music Backing Tracks": https://www.facebook.com/groups/1090966868080560
If you are a member of Facebook you still need to join this group to get access.
This group will only contain BTs and some examples of use, but no uploads of covers as there are more than enough opportunities to do that in You Tube, Facebook or whatever medium. I plan to upload new BTs once a week in general that will be two BTs a week.
It is also possible to request a specific BT and if it is doable I will give it a go.

Additional The page will NOT contain BTs from people and business that create backing tracks for a living or other costs. The BTS we post are either home made or created from in general older records.

Regards,
Jan
Last edited by JohanDeGreyze on Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohanDeGreyze

Full Real Name: Jan Woestenburg

Re: Free Backing tracks for Shadow Music

Postby Teflon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:55 pm

That's useful, thankyou :) . I've tried creating backing tracks like this myself in the past, but the results were never good when compared with what others have achieved. :oops:

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby JohanDeGreyze » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:30 pm

Well results may differ depending on the mix, but in general they are good enough for rehearsing and even home recording.

Cheers,
Jan
JohanDeGreyze

Postby Teflon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:58 pm

Just tried a few and I'm very impressed :) . So much better than anything I've ever created. Thanks for setting up the group and sharing your work - very much appreciated.

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby JohanDeGreyze » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Thanks for the compliment, but I must alsostress that not all results will be as good. It is strongly depending on the mix. Lucky for us a lot of the early years tunes are good to handle, but also some newer.

Jan
JohanDeGreyze

Postby hemmes1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 am

Mooi aanbod Johan bedankt.
Ik ga zo een kijkje nemen :D
Meeste van de shadows heb ik al, misschien zal ik een verzoekje schrijven met vriendelijke groeten Tonnie
hemmes1

Full Real Name: Tonnie Tijssen

Postby JohanDeGreyze » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 am

Prima Tonnie, ik zie het wel,

Groetjes,
Jan
JohanDeGreyze

Postby Tony Szpala » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:53 pm

Johan

that is very generous of you to provide free backing tracks for instrumental music. i have applied on your website accordingly.

Regards

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Postby shadocaster1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 am

Hi Tony, the original BT's that Johan does are really good, and if you use them in conjunction with the vintage-sounds.freeforums.net software, you have probably got the nest practising tool available anywhere, and the best thing is that it's all free!!. Sometimes it's just nice to plug into the computer, and not have to bother about the amp, echoes, and various pedals, the sounds ate just there at the press of your mouse, and you can practise in silence with a half decent set or headphones, try it out,and you'll be impressed by the results.

Regards

Kev0
shadocaster1

Full Real Name: Kev Scrimshaw

Postby JohanDeGreyze » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:38 pm

Tony and Kev,

Thanks I try to get the BTs as good as possible with different software applications. Still there are some that cannot come with a decent result, but most are good enough for rehearsing and even home recording.
It is correct that you mention the vintage-sounds software solution (https://vintage-sounds.freeforums.net). It can easily compete with hardware as it covers a total solution from amp, echo, reverbs to AR handling. So it gives the record sound and not a stage sound.
The best of all is that it is freeware that cost Christian Boileau and myself a lot of spare time, but it is worth doing it nd it keeps us off the street :D

Cheers,
Jan
JohanDeGreyze

Return to Backing Tracks