ESE Echomatic Model 6 Special Edition Settings help

Loads of accumulated experience

Re: ESE Echomatic Model 6 Special Edition Settings help

Postby rockinscott » 11 Jun 2010, 15:16

Hi Keith

Just wondered how you had been getting on with the unit?

Scott
Mighty Mighty Pleasing Papi's Corn Squeezing, Mercy... White Lightening
rockinscott

Postby keithmantle » 11 Jun 2010, 17:27

Hi Scott, Have sent you a PM
keithmantle

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » 21 Sep 2010, 15:48

Hi Kieth.
Six months on Kieth have you managed to get to grips with the ESE settings?
Listening to Dave Robinson, live a few weeks back, conviced me they are at least equal to the Meazzi and probably far more reliable.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby keithmantle » 21 Sep 2010, 16:31

Hi Geoff, I sold it a few weeks back, i couldn't get to grips with it, being 3/4 deaf didn't help, Dave had a go at setting mine up along with Alan Jackson and Terry Devon but the 6 head can't be set up like a 4 leaving 2 heads switched off, Daves machine and also the demos where done on a 4R, i know other owners have had great sounds from theirs and Howard from Oasis even sold his Meazzi to buy a 6R!!, they are very well made and use all the best components so should really be maintenance free, Regard Keith (back to using my Q2 and M/stomp both eftp)
keithmantle

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » 21 Sep 2010, 17:14

Hi again.
Thank,s for your quick and honest reply Keith. I have never ever wanted a Meazzi but as soon as I heard the ESE demo's and Dave playing live with one I got the bug. I did have a look at them a few years ago when ESE had them on demo at Shadowmania and as you say very well made and sounding very good.
Anyway with Christmas just round the corner I had better start my wish list.
Regards GEOFF.
PS, I still have my Copycat but I loaned my Klemt Echolette 5 to a mate in the late 60's and never got it back!!!! Presently use a Q2
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby keithmantle » 22 Sep 2010, 10:51

Hi Geoff, Eric Snowball (ESE) has stopped making all echomatics he told me the price of quality components had risen that much he could not build them to his satisfaction and charge a fair price, onlt 2 SE's where made i had one and he kept the other(the front chrome panel alone cost £300 !!), you occasionally see a 4R for sale . All the best Keith
keithmantle

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"