Piet's eTap2hw unit.............

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Piet's eTap2hw unit.............

Postby bazmusicman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi MickB,

My one that I built was doing exactly the same, the dry sound was very very weak (or not there at all) it drove me to despair!
Myself and Roger resoldered all the PCB but the Echo output was still twice as loud as the Mix output.

But hopefully this might be your answer, I just found a poor connection with Capacitor C14 on the PCB I gave it a little wiggle and pushed it in and 'hey presto' up came
the fantastic full sound that had been missing, it now sounds full and brilliant.

Best regards,
Baz.
bazmusicman

Full Real Name: barry palmer

Postby MickB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm

bazmusicman wrote:Hi MickB,

My one that I built was doing exactly the same, the dry sound was very very weak (or not there at all) it drove me to despair!
Myself and Roger resoldered all the PCB but the Echo output was still twice as loud as the Mix output.

But hopefully this might be your answer, I just found a poor connection with Capacitor C14 on the PCB I gave it a little wiggle and pushed it in and 'hey presto' up came
the fantastic full sound that had been missing, it now sounds full and brilliant.

Best regards,
Baz.

Hi Baz.Thanks for that,I will give that a try tomorrow.Just found what appears to be a dodgy wiring post on the BCD switch.Visit to Maplins in the morning then off we go again.Thanks and Regards :?
MickB

Postby ecca » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm on the verge of trying out the automation add-on tomorrow.
The unit is built and looks great but for the life of me I can't think how it's going to work.
We'll see........
ecca

Postby MickB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:10 pm

ecca wrote:I'm on the verge of trying out the automation add-on tomorrow.
The unit is built and looks great but for the life of me I can't think how it's going to work.
We'll see........

Hi ecca,that sounds interesting,hope everything goes ok.Hopefully will get mine sorted tomorrow.Watch this space,will let you know. ;)
MickB

Postby ecca » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Here's the unit with the automation add-on fitted........
It works OK and the thing that puzzled me beforehand was that the instructions said to connect to the BCD switch and POT 1, which was not correct, it should be POT 2. I spoke to Piet this morning who put me right.
You can get 10 selections stored, combining any of the machines and any of the feedback patterns. It doesn't store the input level,echo amount or feedback amount, they can still be adjusted by turning the knobs. On program 5, POT 2 that was the feedback selector switch automatically becomes a potentiometer for head 4 and in fact, that's all it does in all programs, it doesn't have any other function anywhere other than Program 5.

eccamatic.jpg
(485.68 KiB) Downloaded 10008 times

And here it is showing the illuminated front, I still need to get a light bar fitted inside to show through the front nameplate and I will fit a relay and stereo jack socket so as to provide a bypass facility. The enclosure is made of steel, the front leans back 13 degrees (what precision eh ?) to provide more visibility and the spots behind the knobs light up as does all lettering.This prototype has been sprayed metallic grey.The front screws will be black.

eccamaticfront.jpg
(327.01 KiB) Downloaded 10008 times

Whaddya think ?
Last edited by ecca on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Bloody lovely !

Did you get my email ? 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby RogerCook » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Very nice Ecca!
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Postby ecca » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Yes I got your email Dave........ about my new Magicstomp !
Incidentally, the only help you're going to get on the automation unit is that store/next/back message on screen.
That's yer lot.
ecca

Postby MickB » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:55 pm

ecca wrote:Here's the unit with the automation add-on fitted........
It works OK and the thing that puzzled me beforehand was that the instructions said to connect to the BCD switch and POT 1, which was not correct, it should be POT 2. I spoke to Piet this morning who put me right.
You can get 10 selections stored, combining any of the machines and any of the feedback patterns. It doesn't store the input level,echo amount or feedback amount, they can still be adjusted by turning the knobs. On program 5, POT 2 that was the feedback selector switch automatically becomes a potentiometer for head 4 and in fact, that's all it does in all programs, it doesn't have any other function anywhere other than Program 5.

eccamatic.jpg

And here it is showing the illuminated front, I still need to get a light bar fitted inside to show through the front nameplate and I will fit a relay and stereo jack socket so as to provide a bypass facility. The enclosure is made of steel, the front leans back 13 degrees (what precision eh ?) to provide more visibility and the spots behind the knobs light up as does all lettering.This prototype has been sprayed metallic grey.The front screws will be black.

eccamaticfront.jpg

Whaddya think ?

Hya ecca.That looks fantastic,how much does the add on cost?.Mind you still not got mine working 100 per cent yet,but think I am getting there.Off to Tenerife on Friday for a couple of weeks sunshine hopefully,so it's on the back burner till I get back. :)
MickB

Postby ecca » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm

Add on alone is 146 euros.
ecca

PreviousNext

Return to Building Problems? Q&A